Hi from Mo and Z at…
Latest coupons and happenings at couponclaim.com…
Happy New Year from Coupon Claim! We hope you had a great holiday season and found time to relax, despite the busyness of the season.
Of course, with the New Year comes a time when resolutions are being made. Whether your list includes spending more time with family, making better use of your gym membership, eating healthier or getting involved with a local community group, here at Coupon Claim we wish you the best. Of course, if one of your resolutions was to save more money, then we are happy to help you do just that. Here are some freebies, coupon codes and recipes sure to help you save money.
This Week's Savings from Coupon Claim:
- Need to make sure you vehicle is in ideal running condition for the winter months? Then head to Advanced Auto Parts where you can get friendly helpful vehicle advice. Be sure to check out the many great coupon codes available at Coupon Claim before you go, so you can save money at the Advanced Auto Parts store.
- Is one of your New Year’s resolutions to start or update your web presence? Then checkout the variety of web hosting coupons here on Coupon Claim. From ClickHost to Yola and many in between, you are sure to find a web hosting provider sure to meet your needs
- Would you like to meet that special someone this year? Why not check out eHarmony or Dating Sites XO to find your match.
- Love candles? Then check out this site to get 25% off on scents like the hazelnut latte votive candles 4/$7.50.
- Pamper yourself with some goodies from Bath & Body Works. Right now, they are having the famed 75% off sale.
- Don’t leave all the Christmas memories stuck on your camera! Go to Winkflash.com and set up an account, to get your first 50 prints for free!
- Get a free calendar from Vistaprint.
- Cold weather can cause dry, chapped skin. Don’t let your hands suffer from the cold, Get this free sample of Eucerin and protect your skin!
- Kleenex is giving away free boxes of their great tissues for flu season. You can request one for yourself and send on to a friend. That is two free boxes of Kleenex. You need to create an account to access the free samples page. This is a real simple freebie that we can't wait to get.
Shallow Pocket Tips:
As 2012 gets off and running, perhaps you are scrambling to find new ways to save money on your purchases or perhaps stretch your budget a bit more. Here are ways to help.
- Sign up for a subscription for the All You magazine—or purchase at Wal-Mart for- for money saving coupons. Some issues have over $100 in coupons for all sorts of household products.
- If you are not already participating in company rebates-start doing so. Many companies offer in store rebates-especially on large ticket items- or the rebate form is printed on the sales receipt. Taking the time to fill out the form is usually time well spent. Be sure to pay attention to the mail-by date and make a copy of everything you send in. Many companies offer you the ability to track the progress of the rebate. If so, take advantage of this feature, so you can know when to expect your check.
- Give your shopping cart a once over before heading to the checkout line. Remove at least 1 impulse buy and 1 processed food item. Not only will you save money (could be as much as $10 a week) but will be eating healthier as well.
- When washing clothes, use half the amount recommended by the manufacturer. Today’s detergents are made much stronger than they used to be so you can use less product to get the same clean results, plus your clothes will be exposed to fewer chemicals making them last longer
- Plan a daytime date. Rather than spending money on a babysitter for the evening, plus paying the dinnertime meal costs, take advantage of having children already in school or day (or perhaps schedule a play date for the kids) and take some vacation time off during the workday. This way, you can take advantage of lunchtime prices, the matinee movie and quite often, a smaller crowd.
Okay, we said 5, but here is a freebie—sign up for sites like Mint.com, walletpop.com, getrichslowly.org or basicplanner.com and become familiar with your spending and savings habits. These sites all offer different elements and features designed to help you save money now as well as for later.
Recipes for the Month:
When cooking for a family and trying to stay on a budget, you not only want to save money but also enjoy foods that are healthy and tasty as well. Here are 2 recipes that can help you do both. In fact, they each work out to $3 (or less) a serving.
The clam and pasta recipe was shared some time ago, and is as easy and tasty as one could ask for. Pair it with a salad or some garlic bread for a complete meal.
Cheap & Easy Pasta with Clam Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons basil (or fresh parsley)
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons onion, minced (optional)
2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 (13 ounce) can chopped clams (reserve juice)
2 tablespoons margarine (butter will taste better, but will add a few cents to the cost)
2 -6 tablespoons milk (optional) or 2 -6 tablespoons half-and-half (optional)
- Heat olive oil in small pan, and add garlic and the optional onions. Cook on medium about 3 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in the basil or parsley (or both or other spices) and optional red pepper flakes.
- Add the drained juice from the can of clams.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low allowing to simmer about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the clams and the butter. Once butter is melted, add the optional milk or half and half and cook until heated through.
- Serve over spaghetti, linguine, or other favorite pasta.
1 lb. ground beef***
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
2 cups Monterey jack cheese, divided (or mixed cheddar, jack etc.)
1 cup salsa (your choice of heat level)
2 green onions, chopped
1 (2 1/3 ounce) can sliced black olives
1 tomato, chopped
2 cups corn chips (coarsely crushed or chopped)
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and cook according to package directions, adding proper amount of water.
- Put corn chips on bottom of 8×8" dish.
- Cook refried beans on stove until hot.
- Add 1 cup cheese and 1 cup salsa. Stir until combined.
- Pour beans over corn chips in dish.
- Add beef to top of beans.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Sprinkle green onions and black olives over cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until the cheese is sufficiently melted.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle chopped tomatoes on top. Wait 1-2 minutes and then serve.
***Could also add a dollop of sour cream to each serving. You could use ground chicken or turkey, but if you do add a tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce and an extra teaspoon of taco/chili seasoning to add a richer flavor-of course, this will affect the serving cost…) Would also be good with a light salad or Spanish rice as a side.
At Coupon Claim, it’s all about saving money. Whether it is by giving you ways to get free stuff , by sharing tips that we have found useful in lowering energy costs, or by providing you with budget friendly recipes, Coupon Claim wants to help you make the most of your household income. That is why we search the Web to find the latest and best deals for saving money. So, if you have any money saving tips, ideas, recipes, jokes or even questions, we would love to for you to share them with us here or at Coupon Claim on FacebookTwitter. In addition, if you haven't read our recent posts, be sure to take some to visit the weekly Coupon Claim blog post.
–Mo and Z