Hi from Mo and Z at…
Latest coupons and happenings at couponclaim.com…
Spring has finally sprung and it seems that warm weather is here to stay. So what plans do you have for the warm weather months? Are you staying home and enjoying activities in your area? Perhaps, you are planning a weekend getaway. Regardless of the planned activities, here at Coupon Claim, we hope you have a wonderful time. To help you get started, here are some great coupons and savings codes.
This Week’s Savings from Coupon Claim:
Do you love to shop at Kohl’s? Then check out this online code to save 20%-SPRING2SAVE
Save at Advanced Auto when you use the code NV15 to get 15% off $100.
Love Eddie Bauer? Then visit today to get 30% off on clearance, plus free shipping on orders over $99 when you use the code: FREE99
Get 20% off $50 at PacSun.
Want some great looking luggage for that upcoming trip? Then check out this sale at Macy’s- Travel Select Crossing 3 Piece Hardside Luggage Set at checkout use the code XJW562A992 and the price will go from $300 to $109.99! Now that is a significant savings!
Free Beauty Bag from Target – Target is giving away free spring beauty bags that will be filled with great beauty products. They put a bunch of samples in each bag and it is fun to get. Hurry in and sign up for yours.
Five Hour Energy Samples – Get some help for those days when you feel as though your get up and go, has got up and went. Sign up for a free Five Hour Energy sample and see if it puts a spring in your step.
Free Ladies Home Journal Magazine – Ladies Home Journal is offering free online subscriptions to their magazine. This is a great magazine that focuses on beauty, fashion, easy recipes, and marriage advice. They have tons of great articles to read each month. Sign up and start getting this great magazine online.
Shallow Pocket Tips:
Shallow pocket tips are not just about saving money, though that is important, sometimes it is about saving time as well. Here are some tips that are sure to help during the spring season.
- Try to stay green -plant trees if you have space and add flowers and bushes native to your area. This will help make sure your hard work stays beautiful for a long time, not to mention help save on water costs if you use drought resistant plants.
- Plan ahead – make a list of things you want to get accomplished and budget for those things year round. This makes the expense of spring planting and yard updating manageable.
- Off-peak entertaining – Do you love to host parties, especially while the weather is cooler? Instead of hosting a dinner party and have a brunch, an afternoon tea, hors d’oeuvres or dessert party.
- Commit to a “no-spend weekend.” Here is a challenge your whole family can be a part of-break the spending routine and commit to going an entire weekend without spending money. Play board games, watch home movies, have a family barbeque and spend some time enjoying the great outdoors together. You’ll be saving money and making memories that will last a lifetime.
- Soap Saver– You can make soap last 50% longer. When you buy your favorite soap, open both ends of the paper of each bar. Soap should dry for 30 days and it will last 50% longer while in use. As it is drying, place in the linen closet, dresser drawer, or wherever, it acts as a sachet
Recipes for the Month:
When cooking for a family and trying to stay on a budget, you not only want to save money but also enjoy foods that are healthy and tasty as well. In addition, you want some variety so you don’t feel as though you are serving the same ol’ same ol’. Here are 2 recipes that can help you do both. In fact, they each work out to $3 (or less) a serving.
Serves: 4 Total Time: 25 min
1 can(s) black beans, or pinto beans, rinsed
3 tablespoon(s) prepared salsa
1 tablespoon(s) chopped pickled jalapeño
1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
1 ripe avocado, pitted
2 tablespoon(s) minced onion
1 tablespoon(s) lime juice
1 16- to 20-inch-long baguette, preferably whole-grain
1 1/3 cup(s) shredded green cabbage
- Mash beans, salsa, jalapeño and cumin in a small bowl. Mash avocado, onion and lime juice in another small bowl.
- Cut baguette into 4 equal lengths. Split each piece in half horizontally. Pull out most of the soft bread from the center so you’re left with mostly crust. Divide the bean paste, avocado mixture and cabbage evenly among the sandwiches. Cut each in half and serve.
Portobello “Philly Cheese Steak” Sandwich
Total Time: 25 min Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 15 min
2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
4 large portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed, sliced
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh oregano, or 2 teaspoons dried
1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
1/4 cup(s) vegetable broth
1 tablespoon(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 ounce(s) thinly sliced reduced-fat provolone cheese
4 whole-wheat buns, split and toasted
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft and beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, oregano, and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are wilted and soft, about 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; sprinkle the vegetables with flour and stir to coat. Stir in broth and soy sauce; bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, lay cheese slices on top of the vegetables, cover and let stand until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions with a spatula, leaving the melted cheese layer on top. Scoop a portion onto each toasted bun and serve immediately.
At Coupon Claim, it’s all about saving money. Whether it is by giving you ways to get free stuff, by sharing tips that we have found useful in lowering energy costs, or by providing you with budget friendly recipes, Coupon Claim wants to help you make the most of your household income. That is why we search the Web to find the latest and best deals for saving money. So, if you have any money saving tips, ideas, recipes, jokes or even questions, we would love to for you to share them with us here or at Coupon Claim on FacebookTwitter. In addition, if you haven’t read our recent posts, be sure to take some to visit the weekly Coupon Claim blog post.
–Mo and Z