Hi from Mo and Z at…
Latest coupons and happenings at coupon claim.com…
Beware the Ides of March! In like a lion, out like a lamb. Time marches on! Yes, March is finally here, and for most parts of the country, that means warmer weather. Along with warmer weather means more opportunities for fun, adventure and saving money. To help you do all that, here are some tips, freebies, printable coupon site links and much more.
Coupons for this week:
- Give your business a boost with a great looking website. Check out ClickHost to get started. Use the code ClickfirePromo to get 50% off your first year.
- Spring-like weather means spring cleaning and home maintenance projects. Be sure to check The Home Depot coupons on Coupon Claim, you are sure to find just what you are looking for to save money on that weekend project.
- Save money on pet supplies at Outward Hound. Use the code OUTWARDHOUNDCOUP to save on pet purchases.
- Get 10% off your next order at Dicks Sporting Goods when you sign up for their newsletter.
Freebies of the Week:
Redbox now has a text club that will let you get rewards and a free promo code every month. It is easy to join and easy to end if you don’t like it. Join their text club today to get at least one free DVD a month. If you don’t want to join their text club, Redbox generally accepts the following codes once for every credit card you have: DVDONME, BREAKROOM Be sure to click “no thanks” on future communication for these to work. These are only available at the Redbox machines. Online rentals currently do not offer the option to enter promotion codes.
Simple facial cleansers–Perhaps you have seen their commercials on TV, but have not had the opportunity to try the product. Now, you can do it for free. Just watch the video here and then get a coupon for the products.
Do you love Kellogg’s’ products? If so, then sign up at Kellogg’s to have coupons, recipes and more delivered right to your inbox.
Shallow Pocket Tips:
Most of us love to get free items. And, there are a variety of sites that allow you to sign up for samples, coupons and much more. Here are just a few to get you started:
Try Doritos products for free here.
Daily freebies from All You magazine
- With warmer temperatures coming, don’t forget to take advantage of the sunlight-not just for its warmth, but by keeping blinds open when you are home, you can avoid using overhead lights to keep energy cost lower. Of course, this will also help keep the rooms comfortable without the need to run the heater/AC.
- Fresh fruits and veggies, perhaps even some locally grown, are starting to show up in the grocery store, so produce cost for fruits, in particular are a bit lower. Pick up a few to make a healthy fruit salad!
- Take a few moments to test your AC system to make sure it is in working order before the hot temperature of summer gets here. If you wait until summer, you may find yourself on a waiting list in addition to paying a bit more for the work to be done.
- Many stores still have winter clothing items to move -especially if you live in a region where there was a mild winter! Take some time to check clearance racks for items marked to move fast. (A friend recently reported that they got $300+ boots for $45 at JC Penny’s because they store overstocked for the winter!)
Recipes for the Month:
When cooking for a family and trying to stay on a budget, you not only want to save money but also enjoy foods that are healthy and tasty as well. Here are 2 recipes that can help you do both. In fact, they each work out to $3 (or less) a serving.
Ravioli with Arugula & Pecorino
4 servings, 1 1/4 cups each
1 pound fresh or frozen cheese ravioli, preferably whole-wheat
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 large shallots, sliced
3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Freshly ground pepper to taste
6 cups arugula
1/2 cup shaved Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook ravioli until tender, 7 to 9 minutes or according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mash garlic and salt into a paste with the side of a chef’s knife or back of a spoon. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic paste and shallots and cook, stirring often, until just starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar, mustard and pepper; remove from the heat.
- Drain the ravioli well. Place in a large bowl and toss with arugula and the dressing. Serve sprinkled with cheese.
4 servings, 1 1/2 cups each
- 8 ounces whole-wheat rotini or fusilli
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta; cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms release their liquid, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, spinach and crushed red pepper (if using). Increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring once halfway through, until the spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta and divide among 4 bowls. Dollop each serving with 3 tablespoons of ricotta.
Want more recipe idea that are both healthy and inexpensive? Then check out this pdf download: Free Cheap Recipe eCookbook
Coupon Claim is all about saving money. We want to give you ways to get free stuff. We want to share tips, recipes and other stuff of value that we have found. So, if you have any money saving tips, ideas, recipes, jokes or even questions, we would love to for you to share them with us here or at Coupon Claim on Facebook or Twitter. In addition, if you haven’t read our recent posts, be sure to take some to visit the weekly Coupon Claim blog post.
–Mo and Z