Hi from Mo and Z at…
Latest coupons and happenings at couponclaim.com…
What is your favorite beverage? Are you one the people who must have a cup of hot tea or coffee in order to face the day? Perhaps, you prefer your caffeine cold and opt for a soda or sports drink? Whatever your preference, these items can add up in cost. Consequently, you may find yourself looking for alternatives or ways to save money. To help out, here are some savings on beverages-and a few other items- from Coupon Claim!
This Week's Savings from Coupon Claim:
Do you love to relax with a cup of hot tea? Perhaps you prefer your tea ice cold with a twist of lemon or lime. Then Check out Twinnings.com and use the code15PERCENT to get 15% off your purchase.
If you are trying to lose weight, then Coupon Claim has a deal for you. First, check out Weight Loss Thing.com for some great tips, then take advantage of these savings from Diets to Go. Use the code25off100CJ to save $25 off on a $100 order or the code CJ15P to save 15% on any size order.
Does part of your relaxing mean enjoying a glass of wine? Then check out Wine Country Gift Baskets for an impressive selection of California wines. Use the Code 2544050 to save 5% on your order.
To go with your beverage of choice, be sure to check out the great food and drink selections at Harry & David’s. And to make it taste even better, use the codeHND10WEB to save 10%.
Freebies of the Week:
Check out Green Mountain Coffee and get a free sample when you like them on Facebook . (Offer good while supplies last)
Get 3 cups of tea free when you visit Twinnings USA. Just choose 3 of your favorites and they will be sent right to you.
Shallow Pocket Tips:
Do you know that some beverages can be used for more than drinking? Here are a few ideas for getting more than “just a drink.” In addition, by using these tips, you are getting double duty on your beverage investment, so you are saving money as well.
- Use a cup of coffee grounds to freshen up smelly kitchen drains. Simply pour the grounds down the drain followed by pouring boiling water into the drain.
- To help plants to flourish add coffee to your soil, this is best done in small amounts. You can also add 1 cup of lime to balance acidity if need be, another way is to empty it straight onto your compost pile with other kitchen waste.
- Fertilize plants; work used coffee grounds into your garden soil before seed planting. After your plants start to emerge, work in coffee grounds near the plantsl. You can also add used tea bags to the bottoms of the flower pots before adding the plants. The tea bags will retain water and leach nutrients to the soil.
- Tenderize tough meat by placing 4 tablespoons black tea leaves in a pot of warm (not boiling) water and steep for 5 minutes. Strain to remove the leaves and stir in 1/2 cup brown sugar until it dissolves. Set aside. Season up to 3 pounds meat with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder and place it in a Dutch oven. Pour the liquid over the seasoned meat and cook in a preheated 325°F (165°C) oven until the meat is fork tender, about 90 minutes. ( You can also use a 8 ounces of leftover coffee or a can of your carbonated beverage of choice in place of the tea)
- Freshly brewed tea is great for cleaning wood furniture and floors. Just boil a couple of tea bags in a quart of water and let it cool. Dip a soft cloth in the tea, wring out the excess and use it to wipe away dirt and grime. Buff dry with a clean, soft cloth.
- To give a natural shine to dry hair, use a quart of warm, unsweetened tea (freshly brewed or instant) as a final rinse after your regular shampoo.
- Use Coke to clean oil stains from a garage floor; let the stain soak, then hose off.
- Clean car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one.
- Clean a toilet; pour Coke around the bowl, leave for a while, flush clean.
At Coupon Claim, we want to help you save money wherever and whenever possible. That is why we scour the Web to find the latest and best deals for saving money. If you have any money saving tips, ideas, jokes or even questions, please share them with us here or at Coupon Claim on Facebook. We would love to hear from you and look forward to getting to know you better. In addition, if you haven't read our recent posts, be sure to take some to visit the weekly Coupon Claim blog post.