Hi from Mo and Z at…
Latest coupons and happenings at couponclaim.com…
Fall is a great time of year. After all, it is not too terribly hot (usually) and yet not too cool either. Consequently, it is a great time to work in the yard, perhaps drive to the mountains or maybe indulge in a favorite activity such as kayaking, hiking or camping. Of course, there’s also football games, school activities and hopefully, some days set aside for just relaxing. But whatever it is that you have planned for autumn, you will want to find ways to save money while you enjoy it. Here are some coupon codes, money saving tips and freebies to make your fall festivities and beyond more pleasurable.
This Week's Savings from Coupon Claim:
If you love iced lattes, then be sure to print this coupon for a four pack of latte from Seattle’s Best Iced Tea.
Don’t forget to pamper yourself as part of your fall fun. Go to Aveda for free samples or, either enter the code: REPAIR at checkout to receive a free damage repair kit with a $30 purchase or print the coupon to use at your local Aveda location.
If your “honey do” list still has items left on it from the summer, then head over to the Home depot to get the supplies for those remaining jobs. Get $5 off $50 at The Home Depot. Use the code: THDSAVE26 at checkout.
Beautify your yard with bulbs and plants from Park Seed. You can save 15% at Park Seed when you spend $75. Just enter the code: PARKFALL15 at checkout.
For many, autumn equals allergies. Save on your next purchase of vitamins, OTC meds and more at Drugstore.com. At Coupon Claim we have a variety of Coupon Codes that are sure to save you money!
Freebies of the Week:
Get Free samples of Dove smoothing cream for hair. Just fill out the form and your sample will soon be on its way.
Get a free sample of Activia yogurt. Just fill in the info and print out your coupon.
Shallow Pocket Tips:
As fall approaches, there are a variety of things you can do to help save money in the months ahead. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Check your wardrobe needs. Purchase winter clothes in July & August and summer clothes in January or February. Unless you are mortified if you are not wearing the latest look, buying off-season is ideal and a great way to have a versatile and affordable wardrobe while still looking great!
- Make sure that doors, windows, attics, water heater and basements are insulated properly so heat/cold doesn’t escape.
- Install a programmable thermostat, so temperatures can be easily regulated based on a room’s usage.
- Keep the garage door closed. Not only is this safer, but it helps keep the temperature of your home more consistent.
- Check air duct for leaks. If you find any, seal them with products such as mastic, foil tape, or heat-approved tapes.
- Make the investment of installing storm windows. The upfront cost maybe a bit high, but storm windows can reduce your energy costs by as much as 50%.
- Use generic medication as much as possible. This is true for prescription meds as well as over the counter medication.
- Take care of yourself. Eat healthy, get plenty of sleep and exercise regularly. This will help keep doctor’s visits to a minimum.
- Rather than buying tools for your shop new, check out yard sales or sites like Craigslist or Maxtool.com.
- Compare cost between renting large tools and buying them-especially, if you will only need the tool on occasion or for a single job.
- Get doors, windows, lumber and many other home project materials at your local ReStore. You will save money and what you spend will help support families in your community as sales made here go to support Habitat for Humanity.
- Some jobs have to be done during specific seasons; during those times, it will be harder to negotiate prices. However, if you can prioritize your jobs and then talk to contractors –especially during slower months like Nov. to Feb.- you will often be able to get a better price.
Coupon Claim Newsletter Changes:
Beginning in October, we will be going from a weekly newsletter to a monthly edition. The newsletter will be sent out the first week of each month, but will continue to have all the features of the weekly Coupon Claim newsletter.
At Coupon Claim, we want to help you save money wherever and whenever possible. That is why we search the Web to find the latest and best deals for saving money. Of course, if you have any money saving tips, ideas, jokes, recipes or even questions, we would love to for you to share them with us here or at Coupon Claim on Facebook or Twitter. In addition, if you haven't read our recent posts, be sure to take some to visit the weekly Coupon Claim blog post.
Wishing you all the best,
–Mo and Z